LHS Cable Fire Detection
Linear Heat Sensing (LHS) (also known as Linear Detection Wire or Linear Heat) is a very commonly used method of fire detection. It can detect a fire anywhere along the length of the cable, and can be of lengths in excess of a kilometer.
Applications can range from building fire alarm systems to mobile plant machinery.
- Simple in construction
- Controller complexity is low
- Controllers are available with distance location to the point of the fire, also with 4-20mA output
- Easily deployed
- Can cover a large area
- Small and Compact
- Supported by the majority of fire controller panels
- Slow response time – up to 30 seconds
- Lack of information about fire